Monday 4 November 2013

A Scam?

A random number called me, 03-2382-200 telling me they’re sending me a discount card from Touch n
 Go. For a second, I thought they’ve already send it and they’re just calling me up to explain what it is
actually. So why not just listen to their explanation? I just scored a discount card!

After he explained, he started asking for my details. He needed my address, identity card and my
account number! I asked where are you from again, he answered rudely. All this while I thought it was
free, he said no monthly or yearly fees but you need to pay RM 499 for delivery charges?! Hell no! The
weird thing is it’ll be deducted automatically from my account number.I said no to this and he kept
twisting my words. 

Weird huh? Well when he started asking for my account number I’m already curious. He said I know
you’re afraid it might be a prank or a scam. “I’ll send you my details later on Miss, will send my
identity card, my full name and the customer service number”. Dude I’ve said no, don’t be pushy
alright? I mean how weird it is to agree on something just on the phone? Where’s the form and usually
you need to sign to make it official!

He passed me to the manager to ask me for my details. At last I passed the phone to my mom to the end
the call. Mom’s hung up on him and he keep calling back! He called for three times, he wasn’t satisfied
that I said no and getting scold by my mom. Guess what they even called my dad after that. How
desperate is that? 

I’ve searched the number online, and many have gone through this. Some say this discount card,
Cliquecard is not a scam. Some say yeah it is weird for them to ask personal details just on the phone. I
mean come on we still have to fill up a form for Watsons card or Jcard. Asking for account number or
bank account is not that simple. 

So please guys, be caution about this. Investigate more on them before saying yes. I’m not here to say
the company is a scam, but I’m just not confident with them. Please share if you have one and enjoying
the Cliquecard to the core! 

No comments:

Post a Comment