Thursday 19 June 2014

Extra Care for Damaged Hair


So not too long ago, I've bleached my entire ends to achieve a bit of Ombre hair. It adds more texture to my hair but getting chemicals into it has dry out my hair even more. Not to mention, my hair was pretty damaged even before this not to say it was not well treated but it wasn't easy to have gorgeous, soft, shiny hair for me. That's one of the reasons why I chopped off my long locks. As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I'd love to share my current hair care routine. It's more on how I take extra care of my hair.

Organix Renewing Morrocan Argan Penetrating Oil 
I had this for awhile now but I'm just starting to adore it. It's great for detangling, tames the frizziness and adds moisture to my hair before I blow-dry my hair. It's light, non-sticky and has a great scent of argan oil. It does not work well on blow-dried hair, it feels a lil sticky on the hair so I'd only reach the product out on damp hair. I purchased this in Singapore, pretty amazed with the amount of products I could find there that are not available here in Malaysia. Can we please have the complete range of Organix, dying to try each of them.

Redken Smooth Lock Heat Glide
Before blow-drying or straightening my hair, I'd grab my recent purchase from Hair Depot that was on 20% discount. On the first try, I was already impressed. It makes my hair looking incredibly healthy, glossy, sleek and completely tames the frizz. The serum is awfully thick that just glides through your hair with a strong lovely scent of almond. I'd divide my hair into 2 or 3 sections and apply 1 pump for each section of my towel-dried hair. I then apply 1 pump evenly to my ends if I get the flat iron on, my hair gets silky straight and stays on till the next wash. Since it's so thick do limit to 2 pumps to avoid your hair feeling sticky and weighed down. 

I use this on dry hair whenever I need extra care to it. I apply especially on the dry parts and comb through with my hands. The oil is light, non-sticky. It comes with a pump to help dispense the oil with the right amount. It leaves my hair more manageable, soft and adds more shine with just a few pumps. I love how it is specially made for coloured hair, making the colour or highlights healthier-looking. I really love the smell of it as well, it smells luxurious and as if you got your hair done in the salon (salon-ish smell)


No comments:

Post a Comment