Friday 6 June 2014

DIY : Balayage Ombre Hair

For those who may not know, I have mentioned on my previous post I attempted a balayage ombre hair at home. After doing my research on Youtube and Google, watching how professionals and even ordinary girls just like me had done it just at home. It made me more confident when it came down to it. I'm not a hair expert and I can't burn a hole in my wallet so why not just give it a shot. I know some of you may be scared to attempt this but it worked on me. It's pretty simple, you don't need to be precise. The messier it gets, the more effect you'll get. I was wondering can it be done without using any bleach and just achieve it with just using a basic hair dye. I'm sorry to bring this down to you girls, but it can only be done with only bleach. Yes, there you go more damaged hair. In Malaysia, Watsons and Guardian have no ombre or highlighting kit so my only option was bleach. So here's what I used to get it done :

Ex- Hi Bleach By Gatsby | RM 20 from Watsons/Guardian ; My own tools (not provided in the box)
Looking at the box made me think twice, can I do this to my hair? I'm just damaging it even more. Oh wells, if it didn't work or turns out bad I'll just cut it. I just had to try it and so here it goes. Getting the product ready is explained by the side of the box or the instruction guide. As this is my first attempt, I had my sister to help me. So before anything, please do a strand test. Apply the bleach on a strand of your hair or you may cut a few to see how blonde will you like it to be. For me, I didn't want it to be so blonde, it was between light brown and orange (leave it about 25 mins).  I started with the balayage effect by applying the bleach vertically on the higher length of your hair and just apply it all on the lower length of the hair. Here's the tutorial I found to guide me through the process.


So I literally followed this video. I do advice you to get your hair straighten to make it more easier. I had done it with my hair being all wavy and curled. It's the reason why it did get messy but it turned out well. So here's the results!


My highlights didn't turn out so obvious as I was scared to leave it longer. Here, my ends seems to be in light brown with red undertone. Under the sunlight, it's pretty orange and my ombre is a bit more obvious than the picture. The last photo was taken under the sunlight hence it's more obvious. All I can say is I'm happy with the results, although it did dry out my hair. Don't worry I found a solution! Will do a post on it soon. Anyways, if I'm planning to retouch or re-ombre it maybe I'll try with the Loreal Ombre Kit? I do want it be a bit more blonde. I hope this post with help all you girls whose not up to fork out much money to get this hairstyle done.

Let me know how yours turn out if you do use this technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment