Thursday 3 July 2014

Big Hair with Lucidol Designing Whip Hair Foam

Designing Whip Foam <Volume> by Lucido-l
Ever since I was a kid, it was all about straight silky hair but the world has come around to the messy, textured and volumed hair. The bigger, the better. The messier, the better. It has interest me to achieve  the big hairdo especially when I had my long hair. Having to read international bloggers raving on numerous texturising sprays just amazed me. So I went on hunting for anything with the word 'volume' till I came across Designing Whip Foam <Volume> by Lucido-l that I purchased from Guardian. Lucido-l hair products are all over Guardian and Watsons, heard great things about it so I thought why not, give it a try.

It has become one of my staple products in styling my hair. It says to create voluminous hairstyle and natural airy finish, and to be honest it does what it says (excepts the natural airy finish, not too sure what it looks like). The product is in a foam formulation which dispense easily from the can. I usually apply the foam on my roots (after blow-drying) with scrunching motion and lift my hair upwards. For better results, I usually blow dry my hair after applying to let it soak into my roots and lifting the hair with a hairbrush to give maximum boost to my roots. I sometimes backcombed if only I need to. I then apply a bit of it on the ends of my hair to give more texture to it. It does stays on till the next wash and made it easier for me to achieve the messy bun on the next day.

It gives a little bit of hold and volume without making my hair overly sticky but since it's in the form of whip foam, the texture it's a bit annoying to my skin as it can be sticky at times. So usually I'll stick to 2 golf-ball sized portion of the product. The whip foam also is not to my liking, as it needs more effort to it, I'd rather it be in spray formulation. It might be a hassle for those who are looking for products that allows you style your hair on-the-go. Apart from that, it is priced at a reasonable rate - RM 30.With the purse-friendly rate and how well it works on me, I'm pretty impressed with it. If you're looking for another alternative to the haircare products at Sephora which may be a bit pricey, I think this would do. No regrets for purchasing this product.

What's your favourite hair texturising product?

No comments:

Post a Comment