Friday 11 July 2014

This Week's Picks #1


This week's favourites are mostly eye-related. They've been my go-to products whenever I step out for sunshine as they're easy to use.


Essence Liquid Eyeliner
At the moment I've been loving this a lot. I'm a person who goes for felt tip eyeliners but in someway this one is easy to use as it comes with a ultra soft tip. It's easy to apply, the tip goes smoothly for a cat flick but it gets a bit fiddly when I apply above my eyelashes. It takes time for me to get used to the tip but practice makes it better. The eyeliner is the blackest black as you can see from the swatch, it is extremely matte which I love. The staying power is amazing, it stays the whole day and it's waterproof. I would have to swipe a few times with a cleansing water to take it off. 



Collection Brightening Concealer
Since I was running out of concealer, I decided to give to this a try and I'm proudly to say Collection has done it again with their concealers. I got it in the shade, Natural which may be a bit too light for my skin tone but it is a great colour to cover em dark circles and brighten it up. It does not only covers the dark circles but it can be used as a liquid highlighter on the nose bridge, forehead, chin and anywhere on the face to add a bit of radiance. It comes with a creamy concealer but it does blend out well with either a brush or even your fingertips. Once applied, I'll set it with a powder to avoid it from creasing and for it to stay in place for long hours. 


Big Eyes Mascara
To be honest, I don't think I've ever repurchase any mascaras as I'm not fussy when it comes to it. As long as it does it's job, I'm fine but I'd definitely repurchase this one. I love how it comes with a special brush for the lower lashes and upper lashes. It makes it easier to get the clumpy effect like how Alexa Chung does it. It might not be obvious on the picture as my eyelashes are way too short! If you're a massive fan of the clumpy look on the lower lashes, I would recommend this mascara. It comes a plastic bristles for the upper lashes which are good for separation and avoid the spidery lashes. Apart from that, it's waterproof but it is easy to remove it with coconut oil or any eye makeup removers.

What's your favourite products are you loving lately?

2 comments:

  1. I super love your new blog look! how did u do it ? btw love your picks! never tried any of them but i'll go for them once i ran out of my stocks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mieza! Hehe, well I played with background colour tp i bought this layout over etsy. Yes you hv to try it out! if you love the lasting perfection concealer maybe you'll this range too :)

      Delete